Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 160 power torque will run when i pres the primer…

Hi i have...

Hi i have a 160 power torque will run when i pres the primer bob in it will run but if i prime it and start it will run and stop

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes to all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

11/22/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

No fuel is gong through the carburetor to the cylinder. Can you remove the carburetor float bowl and check it for water and debris? The main jet , the bowl bolt and the passage it screws in, make the main jet. This may be plugged, and carburetor may need a good clearing.

Thank you for your help

Did you find problem? Please rate suing the 5 star rating system to close the question when satisfied.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician