Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I was mowing with my Toro and hit a sprinkler valve cover…

Customer Question
I was mowing with...

I was mowing with my Toro and hit a sprinkler valve cover under some leaves. The Kawasaki motor pull start rope now will not pull out to restart No leaks anywhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Tank is half full and clean. the pull rope won't pull out to start now

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to but would not overhaul a motor my self I have taken pull rope housing off previously to get the rope to recoil properly but that was over a year ago with no problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that anything else comes to mind

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Look underneath your mower to see if something is wedged between your blade and your frame. If not, remove your pull rope housing, then check to see if you can turn your flywheel by hand.

You and I can continue from here.

I did not see any object lodged under or around the blade. I could move the blade by hitting it with a hammer. It was not hitting any part of the housing. There was resistance that I could not move it easily.
I took the rope pull assembly off and it works fine
The four prong motor shaft piece that is supposed to turn with the rope pull will not move or rotate at all.
Donald are you still helping me?
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Remove the spark plug and see if engine will spin. If not, you have internal failure of engine parts, may be a bent crankshaft!

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system on customer side to close the question and get me credit!