Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

22" 1 yr old ariens w tacumsa backfires once when auger is…

Customer Question
22" 1 yr old...

22" 1 yr old ariens w tacumsa backfires once when auger is engaged

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes on all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/21/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Backfire when load is applied indicates the engine is running too rich. Is the choke plate in the carburetor fully open?

is this service costing more than the 5$ I put on my cc?
No Thanks,I cancelled the request.Thanks