Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Misread and put twice as much oil in mixture with gas. It…

Customer Question
Misread and put twice...

Misread and put twice as much oil in mixture with gas. It started and ran for a few minutes-stalled and now won't start. I tried to drain gas/oil by tipping snow blower but only got about half out. Added equal amount of just gas but still won't start. Any suggestions?.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

..Yes. There is clean fuel in tank and valve open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complicated it is. I have a son who is an auto tech and might be better at it than I.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. Would running it for the one or two minutes I did with the wrong mixture damage the engine?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/21/2017
Technician: eauto, Mechanic replied 7 months ago
eauto
eauto, Mechanic

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

have you pulled the spark plug?