Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

How dO I PROGRAM my remote opener. 1 hour. I need to know…

Customer Question
How dO I PROGRAM...

How dO I PROGRAM my remote opener

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1 hour

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to know how to program the remote

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is eddie …….I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) the make and model of the opener. How old it is. And do you have the manual?

2-) the make and model of the remote…..key less or universal….or if this is for car built-in what make of the vehicle?

3-) do you know where the opener (ceiling unit) controls are?

4-) The color of the learn button on the opener is?

5-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage. What made it go from working to non-working?

6-) if new when you purchased your transmitter did you check for compatibility?

7-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie