Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have found a exmark with a bad, 35hp Briggs vanguard

I have found a...

I have found a exmark with a bad, 35hp Briggs vanguard engine is it possible to replace it with a Kawasaki FD750D engine?

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

Its probably a about a 2002 from a Steiner mower

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Will probably have to.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

My biggest worry looked like on the hyd. end, not sure of the pulley room on the liquid cooled engine.

11/20/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

can be done but may require modifications. you can contact Kawasaki and they can tell you the engine that is most compatible with the OEM engine.

wiring will also be an issue you will be faced with also. why is it you are wanting to change the engines?

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician