Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Tecumseh hh100 - 115255h and the battery will not…

Customer Question
I have a Tecumseh...

I have a Tecumseh hh100 - 115255h and the battery will not hold a charge it is a new battery. Does not seem to be charging.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a month

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am just trying to understand how the circuitry works and what or where the solution may lie.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/20/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

OK

sounds like you have a bad regulator that is not recharging the battery? part number is ***** issue is, this is a part that is no longer avail by part number. you will need to use another regulator in its place and custom mount it

do​uble check that all wires ared tight and connections are good and clean. while machine is running, what is the voltage reading at the battery?

Regulator? There is no regulator as I am accustomed to seeing them
12 volts +

sorry, diagrams show this machine has a regulator. part number 610996

https://www.partstree.com/parts/tecumseh/engines-horizontal-4-cycle-engine/hh100-115255h-tecumseh-4-cycle-horizontal-engine/engine-parts-list-2/

#268A in the diagram. if there is no regulator, there is nothing that can charge the battery back up

I​f this has no regulator, then the alternator is not working under the flywheel and will need to be replaced. #254 in the diagram

part number 610902

Thank you

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I see question is still opened and unrated. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this​