Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Deere L110 and when I engage the mower blades the…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere L110 and when I engage the mower blades the engine shuts off trying to research what could be the causes i have verified the the Seat safety switch is working

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

John Deere L110 I think it is 2003 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can figure out the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I think that covers it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/20/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Ok I will be waiting

do you mow in reverse by turning the key back a turn? if so, turn key back and see if the blades will engage. if so, the issue is the ignition switch reverse mode. Can you drive the machine as log as the blades are not engaged ?

The lawn mower will run until i engage the blade lever at which point the engine cuts off..so yes I can drive the lawn mower as long as the blades are not engaged.

can you put mower in reverse mode and try to engage the blades? does the same thing happen?

I have not tried that, and I am currently at work, what could be the possible cause for this problem?

ca​n be the ignition switch yes. would need to test first though before a new one is purchased though

I see question is still opened and unrated. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this​