Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My general generator won't start and is showing Error Code…

Customer Question
My general generator won't...

My general generator won't start and is showing Error Code 1505. what's that mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Its automatically hooked to my house with natural gas line. Never needs gas.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a handyman that wanted to help me.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was installed 2/22/16 It's kinda new. Is that still under warrantly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/20/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Error code 1505 is RPM Sense Lost. It means that the controller can not sense how fast the engine is running.
Your unit is still under warranty, and you need to contact an authorized Generac repair facility to have this repaired under warranty.