Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

We recently bought a used RV with an Onan Emerald I

Customer Question
We recently bought a...

We recently bought a used RV with an Onan Emerald I generator that was never wired to the motorhome. We are having trouble locating a technician to hook it up. Any suggestions for service in the Toledo, Ohio area?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Onan Emerald I Gen Set, is all that I can see. Don't really know the age of the generator, but the RV is 1991.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. Want to try to find someone to do the work, but are having trouble locating someone to work on it. It starts, but the electrical wiring was never attached to the RV.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/20/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
Most any RV shop should have a technician thay van hook it up for you.
Call a few RV shops.
If none of them can give you any satisfaction, look for an Onan dealer in your area at www.cumminsonan.com and select the Locate a Dealer link.
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago

Was this what you wanted to know?