Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a quick question and it sounds like you guys can

answer . I have a...
I have a quick question and it sounds like you guys can answer . I have a gx630 and I need to wire a kill switch 6 ft away from the motor. The gx630 has a key operated ignition switch.
I currently have a monetary NC switch that removes the connection of the black wire. The engine does kill when I engage the switch, the only problem is when I start the motor back up there's a significant amount of exhaust that comes out. I'm assuming this is unburnt fuel. Is there a better way to kill this motor? I will need to use this kill switch 20 to 30 times a day so I want to make sure I'm doing it right and not doing it in such a way that will ruin the motor
It sounds like all I need to do is wire a momentary switch that connect a ground to the yellow wire when I want to kill the motor. Is there more? I will be using this kill switch 20 to 30 times a day. Is this the best way to do it? Is there and option to connect a secondary key ignition?
Also do you know where to get oem replacement 4 pin connectors for this ? (I like to keep things clean )
11/20/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Sounds like you are doing everything correctly. The smoke at initial start up an be lessened if you can throttle down machine before shut down, but it is nothing that is going to harm the machine . being as you are wanting the kill switch further away, I am assuming you don't want to have to go near the machine while working, so throttle down is most likely not wanting to be down also, but it will eliminate the fuel supply before shut down. You will always have a little unburnt fuel remaining though.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

I'm okay with the extra unburnt fuel as long as it's not going to mess up the motor over the long term. When I shut the machine down normally it doesn't have that type of smoke at startup. Should I be shutting off the fuel solenoid or something like that as well?

I​t will help yes

I see question is still opened and unrated. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this​

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician