Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have an Onan Power Express k5000 Model 5.0 KQ-3E/1A. I

Hi I have an Onan Power...
Hi
I have an Onan Power Express k5000 Model 5.0 KQ-3E/1A. I need either a carburetor or carburator rebuild kit but I do not know the make or model number of the carb on the generator.
Ivan
11/20/2017
eauto
eauto, Mechanic

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

have you pulled the carb? why not just dissasemble and clean it?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have puuled the carb and have cleaned it. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning it. The generator starts but with the air cleaner remove it spits gas out the carb and makes popping sound.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have also replace the spark plug.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

This unit came with 2 different types of carburetors.

The type 1 carb has a large (about 2") round "chamber" mounted on the side of the carb.

The type 2 carb does not have this "chamber".

Which carb do you have?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
It sounds like I may have the type 2
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
My carb does not have the 2" chamber on the side.

The part number for that carb is(###) ###-#### It can be ordered through any Onan dealer.

It is not showing a carb kit, as it were, but individual parts are listed. I am not sure which parts may or may not be available anymore, so I have uploaded a parts diagram for you.

You will need to contact an Onan parts store to see which individual parts may be available.

Click here to download the parts diagram.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
The image file is a big help. That does look like my carb. Do you have an image of the other type of carb for comparison?

The Type 2 is by far the most common.

Trust me, if that looks like yours, that is it.

The Type 1 looks nothing like that.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok thanks! You have been a great help. I will see what parts are available and see if i can get the popping and gas spitting to stop. Than you!

Not a problem.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to use the "star chart" to rate the quality of my assistance.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Hank F.
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician