Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a troy bilt vac with a Tecumseh H50-65582_. Not sure

I have a troy bilt...
I have a troy bilt chipper vac with a Tecumseh H50-65582_. Not sure what the last number or letter is. The engine is blown and I am looking for a replacement
JA: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It says Garden way Inc. Model # 47279, I would guess it's 15 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If possible I may like to add an electric start, it gets tough to pull sometimes. seems the older I get the harder it is to pull
11/19/2017
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Finding a replacement engine for this machine may be very difficult as Tecumseh is no longer being made. You may have to install a different brand of engine in order to solve the issue, Is this okay with you?

It may take me a little while to research and see what is available as a replacement however I will respond back to you in a little while with your options.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I just want to find something that will work

Okay, I am working on finding a replacement engine that will work on this machine. As soon as I can provide you with some options I will respond here.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Not at this time.
Thank you

Here is one option for you. It is a Briggs and Stratton replacement with same crankshaft dimensions. These are all new engines which would carry a manufacturers warranty on them. From all information that I have it looks as though any one of these engines would work on your application(Chipper).

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/121002-3423.html

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/12S432-0036.html

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/12T432-2120.html

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/121002-3423-SD.html

This one looks to be a used engine off of the same model chipper. Expensive for a used engine I don't know that I would suggest this unless you just can't find anything else that will work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TECUMSEH-5HP-ENGINE-OFF-TROY-BILT-CHIPPER-VAC-MODEL-47279-/132393288887?hash=item1ed34144b7

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Thank you! I saw the used engine on eBay, it looks a little rough. I think I will go with new

I would also hesitate with a used engine because you don't know exactly what you are going to get. Sometimes people will misrepresent just in order to make the sell. I think that you would also be better to go with new as it will have a warranty if you have any issues with it within the two years normally.

The sad part is that they want more for the used one on Ebay than what you can purchase a new one for.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
That’s just it, they want way too much for that used motor along with the fact that it looks rough. Mine looks 100% better it just is trashed on the inside

I hope that you find the information that I have provided to be helpful. If you need further assistance with this issue feel free to continue our conversation here.

Thank you again for choosing to use our services.

JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician
JohnF2015
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician