Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

What size socket fits the bolts that hold the air cleaner…

Customer Question
What size socket fits...

What size socket fits the bolts that hold the air cleaner housing ?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Long time.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tried sockets 3-5 mm all sae in between none fit.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/19/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 9 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model, type or spec and code or serial number from the engine that you are having trouble with so that I can better assist you?

Some of these are actually an inverted torx so that it requires a special socket in order to remove and reinstall them.

Kohler couage 25 HP SV-730-0033 - troybilt mower 2010 model.
2010 Troybilt zero turn mower. Kohler courage 25 hp - Model SV-730-0033.

The nut is going to require a 10mm socket in order to remove based on Kohler service manual information. Most of the time this requires a 1/4" drive ratchet and socket in order to access the nut anything larger than the 1/4" drive will not be able to access the nut.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.