Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I am wiring a 20kw Generac. The control or signal wires

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, i am...

Hi Pearl, i am wiring a 20kw Generac. The control or signal wires connect to a new kind of block i have never seen before. They have a plastic piece with a philips head mark onto the plastic cover but all it does is pull out. It has no screws like a normal connection, i tried sticking the wire in both stripped and un-stripped. Nothing has worked so far, those 6 wire connections is all i have left and i have never seen anything like them , HELP

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

FIRST TIME

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have done all the work myself, everything is wired except the signal wires and battery charger wires inside the generac itself. the wires are connected in the transfer switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do i hook the wire to the new generac wiring blocks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/19/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 7 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

The wires connect just like an old stereo system. Push down on the connector with a small flat head screwdriver, insert the wires, and release the connector.

they did not hold, i will try again

If you were trying to pull up on them, you may have damaged or broken the springs.

Did you get the wires connected?