Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have Briggs and Stratton pressure washer. Try to start…

I have Briggs and...

I have Briggs and Stratton pressure washer. Try to start after 4 months and can't.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yrs I got everything right.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I got fuel connect water, check the oil, everything is good. I put switch to on position and pull starter several times.

11/18/2017
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

did you check to see if you have spark at the plug

I have spark.

HI

Thank you for the response

remove the spark plug and pour a teaspoon of gas in the hole

it should start and run 2-3 seconds, if it does your carb

jet is plugged , will need to rebuild or replace the carb

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ??Please remember to rate my answeror the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne
Thank you. You will very helpful.

Morning

Please remember to rate my answer

so I get credit for the question

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder