Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Cub cedet push mower will not stay running after replacing…

Cub cedet push mower...

Cub cedet push mower will not stay running after replacing carb, completely cleaning fuel system. Will prime and start. Noticed no choke like my lawn boy. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Tank is full of clean fuel and there is no shut of valve and i insured in tank filter is clean. good fuel flow to carb. new carb fuel bowl is full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

None now, think I will try choking it with hand to see if that works.

11/18/2017
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Yes I was going to suggest the choke by hand

if that keeps it running , you have a leak at the mounting gasket

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder