Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Dixie Chopper 2460 will not start or can we push…

I have a Dixie...

I have a Dixie Chopper 2460 will not start or can we push it

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes the other day it would just click when we tried to start it was going to push it on the trailer to take it in and the wheels won't roll

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It started 2 days ago and ran fine parked in garage now nothing

11/18/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

Try jumping the solenoid. Follow the reD wire from the battery to the starter solenoid. try jumping the solenoid by placing a screw driver on both poles together and see if machine will turn over. Make sure to engage parking brake and have key turned on. If it turns over, the solenoid is bad.

Ok thank you can I ask why It will not roll

need to disengage the drive system for it to roll. should have release valves on the rear of the machine

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician