Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I just purchased a 18" electric chainsaw. I have a gb

I just purchased a...

I just purchased a 18" electric chainsaw. I have a gb carving bar from a gas chainsaw can I use the carving bar on this saw

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This is my second worx tool

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am an artist. Want to carve with a chain saw.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The bar I have and have used to carve is a gb brand on a Craftsman gas saw

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
Engine Tech
Engine Tech, Engine Technician

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Yes you can you can use that bar on any electric chain saw.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.

Do I have to change the sprocket

You should not have to.

Engine Tech
Engine Tech, Engine Technician