Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 1997 polaris xplorer. We have had an intermittent…

I have a 1997 polaris...
I have a 1997 polaris xplorer. We have had an intermittent problem with gas leaking out of the carburetor from the hoses. Recently it has begun flooding the engine. We have rebuilt the carb but the problem is getting worse. It actually hydrolocked the motor today. I am at my wits end as to what it could be. Any ideas. Fuel lines have been replaced
11/18/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
If the fuel is flooding the engine, the needle is not sealing off and will need to be replaced.
We replaced the needle. Is there a way to adjust it
There is no way to adjust it. If the rubber tip of the needle isn't sealing off, the carb will need to be replaced as the issue will be in the metal where the needle seals off.
Thats what i was thinking it was. Thanks
Not a problem.
Here is a link to a Polaris fuel issue, not sure if your carb has this same part, but copy and paste link to viewhttps://youtu.be/CHGVp7uzet0Maybe it will help you.Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.

JON
JON, Small Engine Technician