Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Deere LA105, it ran out gas and now won’t start…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere LA105, it ran out gas and now won’t start after putting gas in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes fuel in tank and it’s fresh gas. Not sure where the shot-off valve is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Right now yes if I can and it’s not too complicated.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/17/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 9 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Most of the time when a mower is run out of gas it sucks trash from the tank into the carburetor. The carburetor may need to be cleaned now.
You can try to manually Prime the engine with a little bit of fuel or starting fluid and see if this will get it going

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this

I see question is still opened and unrated. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.