Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

No lights on display in either manual or automatic. New. If…

Customer Question
No lights on display...

No lights on display in either manual or automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

New

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a 10 kw propane fueled genrac system

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/17/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial numbers of the genset?

Does the genset start when you set the switch to MANUAL?

Model(###) ###-####Serial(###) ###-####Will not start in manually

Ok.

If the unit is not starting, and you have no lights on the control panel, you have a power issue.

First, check the fuse on the control panel. Make sure it is not blown.

If the fuse is good, you likely have a dead battery.

Take the battery in and have it tested.

If the battery is dead, you may have a problem with your battery charger.

Your unit is still under warranty until Sep 20, 2019. If it is anything more than a blown fuse or a dead battery, you need to contact an authorized Generac repair facility to have this repaired under warranty.

If you attempt to go inside the control area, you will void your warranty.

Was this what you wanted to know?