Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

19 hp motor suddenly goes to full throttle with no control…

19 hp motor suddenly...

19 hp motor suddenly goes to full throttle with no control from throttle lever

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just bought used troybilt mower

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Troybilt super Broncos. Approximately 10 yrs old

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

11/17/2017
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
If the engine is going to Full Throttle on its own the issue is with the governor. See if you can manually move the governor rod and idle the engine down. If not the engine will need to be split open and repaired internally
Nothing to do with the carb solenoid?
Is that a common problem with this motor?
No the carburetor solenoid would shut the fuel off in the engine would die.
Do not see a lot of Governor issues with these engines. If you can move the governor manually and control the throttle the issue will just be the spring or the rod
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician