Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a new generator and it keeps shutting off just after…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new generator and it keeps shutting off just after a few min.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Make: firman, model: Ho3651, hybrid series

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I dont think so

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/17/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 5 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

While the unit is running, does it run smoothly, or is it surging?

When it shuts down, will it start right back up, or does it have to sit for a while before it will restart?

Are you trying to run it on gasoline, or LP?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician