Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

When i drained the oil a keyway dropped out and it broke in…

Customer Question
When i drained the...

When i drained the oil a keyway dropped out and it broke in to pieces model 124802 type 3110-01 code 94060657

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Mower does not work because key way is broken

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you tell me where to get a new key way please or what do you think is broken inside

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/17/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 5 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Was your engine running well, prior to you changing your oil?

We can continue from here.

it was but i hit a iron dropper star dropper i think you call them and when i drain the oil there where pieces of key way in the oil the mower now will not go thank you

Thanks for your response. Check again, to see if there are some more broken pieces inside your crankcase. I believe that due to the impact from hitting the iron dropper, your engine may have some internal damage. The broken pieces may be something other than pieces of key way.

You and I can continue from here. Thank you again!

Donald
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician