Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I get error code 1501... generator starts and shuts off ...

I get error code...

I get error code 1501... generator starts and shuts off ... is honeywell propane gas aircooled 17 kwz model g0070600 serial(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If simple

11/17/2017
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this,.

When the genset shuts down, what alarm is displayed on the LCD screen?

Alarm? Just says 1501 error code and low voltage
Prefer to type
Sometimes says 1900 as well

Low Voltage is what I was looking for.

The 1501 is that the controller can not sense how fast the unit is running.

The low voltage (code 1900) means that the genset is not producing 240 volts.

I pulled your serial number, and I see that this unit was just installed, and is still under warranty.

The best thing to do with this unit is to contact an authorized Generac repair facility, and have this unit repaired under warranty.

If you attempt to work on this yourself, you will void the warranty, and you will be responsible for the cost of any parts needed.

If you still wish to try this yourself, I will need a statement from you acknowledging that you understand that by working on the unit yourself, you will void your warranty, and will have to buy your own parts.

I’ll contact an authorized dealer... but out of curiosity... what parts are needed?

Without a full diagnosis, it is impossible to say what part or parts may be bad.

It may be as simple as a $10 brush, or it could be as severe as a $400 stator, or a $500 controller.

Thanks

Not a problem.

Thank you for using Just Answer, and please take a moment to rate my assistance.

Hank F.
Hank F., Technician