Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I was mowing my 19 inch and ran into some thick pine duff…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I was...

Second opinion] I was mowing my 19 inch and ran into some thick pine duff and it quit and would not start even with a newly charged battery. What could have happened? Is there a possibility of a blown fuse? Help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It is a cordless mower.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/17/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 8 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide a model and serial number from your machine so that I can better assist you with this issue?

Had you been mowing in this area for a little while before the machine shut off or did you just get into it?

How long was it from the time that the machine shut off until you tried to start it again? Was it almost right away or had the machine been sitting for an hour?

I discovered the problem and corrected it on my own. The mower has started and is running fine. I no longer need any help. Thanks. I am also not continuing my membership.

Ok, Thanks for the information.