Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Dad got a new Pro leaf blower for Christmas, only used…

Customer Question
My Dad got a...

My Dad got a new Pro leaf blower for Christmas, only used once so far, it started hard yesterday, and he can't get it started now. The fuel/oil is fresh, and I can't tell whether it's not getting spark or fuel. Any suggestions, please?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

He says yes to all

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope not, lol, but can if necessary

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He's 87 and I'm worried about him hurting himself with the thing being so hard to start.......

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/16/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 8 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

worst thing on a small engine is sitting and not running. It most likely has a partially clogged carburetor jet and the carb will need to be cleaned and/or rebuilt. make sure to use non ethanol fuel and if you do, use an additive in the fuel.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this

Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 7 months ago

I see question is still opened and unrated. Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you.
Please remember to rate me as I strive to do my best and your rating helps me to achieve this​