Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I have a Craftsman 25cc wacker model 316.71102.1 which I can

Customer Question
I have a Craftsman 25cc...
I have a Craftsman 25cc weed wacker model 316.71102.1 which I can start and will run for a moment or two but then dies. I have checked the bubble and it seems to be getting gas. I took the carb apart and checked for deposits but it looks clean. What else should I check?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes, clean fuel but where do I check the shut off valve?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I could.. but..
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where do I look for a shut off valve?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
11/16/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 1 month ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

It most likely has a partially clogged carburetor jet and the carb will need to be cleaned and/or rebuilt. make sure to use non ethanol fuel and if you do, use an additive in the fuel. you will not normally see any issues in the carb if you open it up as the clogs are normally internal. once you open the carb up and expose the gaskets to air, it can also cause them damage but not always

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to do my BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL AND WHAT I STRIVE FOR

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you I will get it rebuilt
JON
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician