Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

JD 825i Want to replace s. plugs. 1 da. Give me changing

Customer Question
JD 825i Want to replace...
JD 825i Want to replace s. plugs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 da.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Give me changing steps
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Small Engine
11/16/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 28 days ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
On top of the engine there is a black panel with JD logo that has 6 screws, remove screws and panel, plugs are under it. cover
coil wire over them ,down deep inside See uploaded picture.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Your answer incomplete. After removing cable from the spark plug, there remains a tube which houses the cable running down to the s. plug; the tube prevents a socket from reaching the s. plug threads.
You will need an extension to reach the plugs. Works the same as on a car engine when plugs are in the top. Can use a 1/4" rubber hose to remove plugs once broken loose if your plug socket doesn't have the rubber insert
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Have extension & socket. You don't know the engine do you?
Maybe I am thinking of another model, but I was thinking this was set up as stated before and as pic posted. Do you have the owners manual for this machine?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No, I was flooded out, looked everywhere for the manual today and didn't find it and I drove 50 mi. round trip to the J.D. dealer to ask the mechanic - on vacation. Is it necessary to remove the valve cover?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
A "pat", generic answer won't catch this one.
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 28 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The top cover has to come off, to expose the tubes the spark plug go into. With it off, you will see the spark plug wires from the coil packs. Remove the wire and rubber sleeve that snaps on the spaek, plug, then you can remove the spark plugs. See the head with cover #2 in the link below. Thanks.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician