Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a 460 Rancher chain saw less than 6 months old. The…

Customer Question
I have a 460...

I have a 460 Rancher chain saw less than 6 months old. The chain tightening adjustment stopped working and the chain is getting stuck in the drive sprocket. the sprocket is cutting into the rivets on the chain. has occurred with two different chains

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A week or so

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. If I can't there is a serving dealer about 40 miles away.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/15/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 8 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

Is the adjuster broken or stripped ?

No

Hi

Here is the manual for adjusting the chain

and trouble shooting Click here

Cancel phone call
My saw is a 460 Rancher not a 455. The chain adjustment is different