Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have an old Sears tractor with an onan engine. I have

I have an old...

I have an old Sears tractor with an onan engine. I have rebuilt the carb and believe i have the float spring in incorrectly. The engine is a BF-MS/2833E. Is there a diagram to show how this spring goes in.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?

I believe its a 1961. Sears model # is 917 25950. Past is unknown.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have done small engines in the past. I'm usually good at these carbs. My memory is not as good as when I was young. I had to wait so long for parts and could not remember how that spring went.

anyone there
11/15/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

See if this will help.

Is this the type of spring it has? Used to assist on raising the float.

Thank You. That works for me
No, I've got it thanks
Does the spring tab go under or over the float tap. Does it pull the float up or push the needle to the seat

The spring helps lift the float, so it has to pull on the float.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician