Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a husqvarna yth23v48 lawn tractor - mowing some high…

Customer Question
I have a husqvarna...

I have a husqvarna yth23v48 lawn tractor - mowing some high grass and it just stopped. Tried charging battery but no luck - looked below battery and saw where wire hook in/plug in and there was one red plug that was just hanging there - not plugged into anything - cannot figure out where this plug goes to - I though maybe it became unplugged and that's why it will not start - any other time my husband would be able to fix this - but I lost him 3 weeks ago now I am on my own - this sucks

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its the red plug that is not plugged into another circuit I think is the problem it is within the wiring below the battery on left side of battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just where to plug this large red plug into - the others are white/clear that plug into each other - the red one is just hanging there

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/15/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

What you are pointing to is the fuse for the electrical system , it is the yellow end. Remove the clip around it, and then pull the fuse out and see if the small z shaped link in it is intact. If the z is melted, you get no power to the key switch for start. New fuse can be picked up at any auto supply.