Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Craftsman 40 volt Lithium Ion electric lawnmower. I…

Hi... I have a...

Hi... I have a Craftsman 40 volt Lithium Ion electric lawnmower. I believe the switch is bad and would like to replace it. Do you sell that switch (CPXTE Mod 10-25) or do I need to order the "Motor engagement box assembly"?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It just went on me last week... It's been running good up until then and I like it a lot

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, unless there's a service center in Delaware you could recommend?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Really would like to get that CPXTE switch if possible

11/15/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Do you have model number of mower?

Model# ***** Symptom is I depress the starter button, I squeeze the bar, the motors engage then stop when the starter button is released. Do you think it's the switch or do you have another thought? Sorry I didn't understand how this worked so I didn't ask my question correctly the first time. Hope you have/had a wonderful Thanksgiving

I think switch is ok, and problem is with the control board. See the board in link below.

# 58 in the Sears parts list below.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I purchased the control board and get the exact same results.... depress the starter button, I squeeze the bar, the motors engage then stop when the starter button is released. Do you have another thought?

Can the cable to the bar be tightened? Maybe it is not holding the switch closed?

The cable bar was tightened and the same results were experienced. So do you think the problem is in the switch?

Switch would be my thought

Can I purchase the switch alone or do I have to buy the whole assembly?

I see no switch listed separately, you might contact Sears and see if they sell it separately.

Thank you

Thank you!