Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I had to replace the electric starter on my craftsman 291 cc…

Customer Question
I had to replace...

I had to replace the electric starter on my craftsman 291 cc snowblower. I have done this and the snowblower starts and runs but it wouldn't shut off by the on/off switch or key, I was wondering if you have the wiring diagram for the switch as I must have done something wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes the engine is running but wont shut off with switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The motor runs but wont shut off. is there a on/off switch diagram for how it should be wired

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/14/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make and model?

Craftsman snowblower with lot 291cc motor. Model944.520621

Model number does not come up. Is this a Canadian unit? If it is , numbers will not be in US system.

The coil will have kill wire from it, to the kill switch circuit, and has to be grounded for kill.

It is a Canadian model

Then I will have no diagram. Kill switch should have wire from coil, and a wire to ground, and has to connect to ground to kill the engine.

Thankyou for the info. I will keep trying

Can you attach picture of the kill switch and wiring?

Got it solved. Thanks for your time

Good jib! Please rate using the 5 star system on customer side to close. Thanks.