Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

2008 Kohler ch745, coil #2 not Firing, resistance between…

Customer Question
2008 Kohler ch745 , coil...
2008 Kohler ch745 , coil #2 not Firing, resistance between signal wire and connector Are showing infinite, Both coils are showing spark on Coil Cylinder, #1.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/14/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Both coils will work on # 1 cylinder, neither will work on # 2 cylinder? I don't find code 56, but there are two codes that start with 56, 562, low voltage, 563 high voltage. I assume you have the service manual for the engine? Attached in link below. I'm thinking bad connection to the # 2 coil.

What coil do you have? one small wire, two small wire, or the three small connections? All have different ignition systems.

Thank you for your response, I finally found the issue. The ecu, had gotten water in it and shorted the board out, you can clearly see black spots on the board where it burned out at. Again thank you for replying back

Thank you. Please rate to close the question.