Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I need to change my pull cord on a Briggs quantum ic engine

Customer Question
I have the model JA: Can...
I need to change my pull cord on a Briggs quantum ic engine I have the model
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 120702 engine on a Billy Goat Possibly 30 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cord is frayed. Also recoil assembly is rivited to the engine. Thats why a friend told me to take off the whole front housing and then trun it over for access to the recoil
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Small Engine
11/13/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 1 month ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

What you need to do is drill out the rivets to get recoil off

and replace the rope , then you can secure it with Sheet metal screws,

they will be 10x32x 3*4

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time

Wayne, Engine Rebuilder