Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Onan generator wont start no spark. It started and ran a…

Customer Question
Onan generator wont start...

Onan generator wont start no spark

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

It started and ran a week ago, all fuel is full

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Regular maintenance has been performed oil level good but week to no spark

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/13/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 8 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

50 Bge fa 26100p
Operation was perfect and normal before this

I am so sorry for the delay.

I am fighting a bad case of bronchitis, and it is kicking my butt.

This unit does not have the strongest spark the world has ever seen, so first lets make sure it is a spark issue, and not something else.

1. How long has it been since this unit was running regularly, and how long since it ran last?

2. Remove the air filter. While cranking the engine, start spraying in some carb cleaner (do not use starting fluid). Will the engine run on carb cleaner, or does it still not start?