Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Have a 2 yr old Honda peer washer. Ran great. Totally ran it…

Customer Question
Have a 2 yr...

Have a 2 yr old Honda peer washer. Ran great. Totally ran it out of gas for storage and put away. Didn't use it again for over a year. Hooked up the water and put gas in and it's hard to pull and will not take off. Have the trigger pulled and water coming out but tough to pull with no response. Piston frozen?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

!st time, and been trying for 15 minutes. Pull is very hard with no sound from the engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of. Must be because it sat for so long.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/12/2017
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 8 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What happens if you remove the air filter and spray some carburetor cleaner or a little fuel directly into the throat of the carburetor and then try to start the engine?

I doubt that there is anything seriously wrong with the machine other than the carburetor jet could be clogged by varnish from left over fuel that was in the bowl of the carburetor, even when you run the machine until it dies there is always a small amount of fuel left in the bowl of the carburetor that can over time create a blockage of the main fuel jet. If the engine will start and run on carburetor or fuel sprayed directly into the throat of the carburetor then you will need to remove the bowl from the bottom of the carburetor and thoroughly clean the main fuel jet that is threaded up inside the stem of the carburetor. Once the bowl has been removed you will be able to take a thin flat blade screwdriver and remove the jet from the stem, be careful not to loose the tube that is just above the jet, the jet is the only thing that holds this tube in.

Thank you for choosing to use our services.

Please take a moment to rate your experience using the star rating system that is provided for you.

If you need additional assistance with this issue feel free to continue our conversation here.