Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Cant get fire from coil replaced points condenser and coil…

Customer Question
cant get fire from coil...
cant get fire from coil replaced points condenser and coil wired just like diagram shows cranked one time and ran fine replaced all again an d no fire coming from coil fire to points and coil but nothing from coil whats wrong
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/11/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Make and model of engine? Has points and condenser and coil? Has condenser been replaced?

kohler k582 36337 points and conderrser and coil all replaced rewired cranked and ran once replaced all three components got fire to all three but none out of coil

Are points breaking and sending signal to the coil?

sir

If the points send voltage to the primary of the coil and there is not park from the secondary, the coil has to be bad. Ar yiu using the Kohler coil for the points?

but what are the chances of getting 2 bad coils and 2 bad condensers at the same time

They work when first installed? So what is killing them? Good 12 volt system with good battery?

all good

I see condensers going bad, but few coils.