Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Toro electric leaf blower and it stopped working.

Customer Question
Okay so I have...

Okay so I have a Toro electric leaf blower and it stopped working. So I am trying to get the housing off to look inside. I have removed all the screws but for some reason the housing won't come apart. Is there something else holding it together?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the blower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hold while i check

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Okay it is assembled in Mexico and the model number is ***** Serial is###-##-####

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
11/11/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Model number? Most blower housings also have a series of plastic clips, that hold the housing together, so you can align the screws. One side would press in to release the clip locations.

nope... I have looked with a flashlight and there are no clips. The handle is totally free and I have been able to pry it apart about 2 inches. I've been able to pry all around the housing. Removed all 8 screws...But close to the motor it is secured somehow.

Model number? You sure there i s not one more screw, maybe covered with a label?

let me check again. Hold

OK>

Nope...no more screws... actually is secured tightly near the cord. I found some sort of release push button on the bottom near the clip for the bag. But when I push it down nothing seems to release.

Model number?

okay I reads: Assembled in Mexico and the model number is ***** Serial###-##-#### It is a red electric Toro leaf blower. Must be at least 5 years old.
Sorry It is actually called a Toro Ultra Blower Vac with metal impeller

Appears to be nothing else holding the halves from coming apart. The plastic may be melted and is adhering to the motor. Just the screws, looks like 9 screws are all that keep it together.

okay so I have 8 screws. ARGH! Is there one more screw? I have 3 screw holes on the handle. 4 on mid section and 2 on bottom where impeller is.
This is crazy. Checked carefully and there is not another screw. Do you have a manual for this or is there a site I can look at.

All there is, is the parts list.

what do I do now? Parts list won't help. Plastic is not melted to motor. Counted the screw holes again and there are 10. All is clear in screw holes.

All you can do is pull it apart!

Won't come. Need another answer.

Let me opt out, and see if you get another reply Sorry.

No disrespect but can I get a refund?