Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

The belt on my riding mower came off the track. We were able…

Customer Question
The belt on my...

The belt on my riding mower came off the track. We were able to get it back on without disassembling anything. I put it on 4 and cut a path thru the grass .

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Only yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I watched the video on you tube and seems simple enough. Since I did not do anything except put the belt back in place I can't understand why it ducdug up the grass. I did have the grass archer on but raised the level from 4 to 5 but still dug into the dirt.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/18/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 9 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

if the deck is digging into the dirt, either the deck needs to be leveled or the blade is bent and digging. check the blades first. raise deck all the way up and see if the deck looks level from side to side