Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

I now have a Gator 4x2, the ID tag is no longer on the UTV,

Customer Question
Thanks, ***** ***** have...

Thanks, ***** ***** have a Gator 4x2, the ID tag is no longer on the UTV, but I have all the info on the Kawasaki engine and I understand that you could cross reference and Please give the ID number on the vehicle, to be able to buy parts for it. the engine is CODE FE290D-CS28 E/No FE290D 753324. can you please help me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Are you there?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Small Engine
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/17/2017
Technician: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What parts are you looking for?

I want to know year, model and ID number
Thanks, ***** ***** have a Gator 4x2, the ID...
Thanks, ***** ***** have a Gator 4x2, the ID tag is no longer on the UTV, but I have all the info on the Kawasaki engine and I understand that you could cross reference and Please give the ID number on the vehicle, to be able to buy parts for it. the engine is CODE FE290D-CS28 E/No FE290D 753324. canyou please help me

Thanks for the update. Click on this link and type gator in the model box, then select the sectional index for the 4x2 and it will open the index for the 4x2 accessing the full parts book. Let me know if you need more help.

Parts

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

you are no giving the info I want, year, and model of the gator where that engine was install by the factory

The only possible way this can be researched is through John Dear Technical unless you know the dealer it came from and they will have the sales/service records in their database which also is filed by customer name if you have any of the previous owners info. I can understand your frustration that the tag is missing. This is not going to be an easy thing to come up with that way even for the dealer unless you know previous owners names and the dealer it came from. Ill opt out in case someone else has some other suggestions.

thanks
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

No records found that identifies the engine year model. But for the Gator you have a 2X4 worksite model. and the parts book is # 2387. which shows to use the FE290D-CS28. No other model uses that engine. So go to the Deere site link below, and look at the 2387 manual for parts.

Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago

I see question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician