Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

Small Engine

Kubota L2250 fuel issue was warming up the tractor running…

Kubota L2250 fuel issue was...
Kubota L2250 fuel issue was warming up the tractor running fine then it quit. Seemed like a fuel issue replaced filter, replaced fuel lift pump. When I get it started no real response to the throttle at first then it slowly will wind up to full speed but does not respond when I let of the throttle for at least 45 seconds then it slowly comes down, Have used the valve that is supposed to bleed air off the injector pump, No change. Any ideas?
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Is the fuel stop solenoid letting the fuel open at the throttle body?

How do I test that? Fuel stop responds very similar to throttle takes some time to shut down, Could it be an air lock and I need to open the injectors at each cylinder until copious fuel runs out and tighten as the starter cranks?

Remove the solenoid and see if engine runs. If it does, try adjusting the fuel solenoid, so it moved freely when it retracts.

Nope not the solenoid. I can only start it at full throttle after a good bit of cranking. The stop position for the solenoid is clearly marked STOP. I pushed it to stop and the engine only stopped after a minute of slowly winding down.

Fuel injector pump section has a rack, that connects to each injector pump section, and goes to the governor link. This rack is sticking, it should be free and move without much effort. If it sticks, throttle response will be slow, or not at all. Remove the throttle linkage cover and find the linkage , between the governor and the injection pump and see if it moves freely.

Any ideas? My Kubota Mechanicat the Dealership, said in 30 years he never replaced an injector pump. look elsewhere.

May not be the injector pumps, may be a missing or broken spring. With the engine not wanting to die when you shut it off, rule out air in fuel system or suction problem with fuel.

Sir I have been chasing a ghost an intermentant fuel issue. Appears that I have a blockage at the tank side crap in the fuel tank is most likely the issue. Fooled me had plenty of fuel when I changed the filter and showed good fuel on the outlet side of the lift pump initially. Blew some air up the filter side she fired right up and tremendous fuel flow out of pump. Debris settled and no real flow again. Looks like the tank has to come off and cleaned out. 28 years old. Sorry to have wasted your time. What would be a fair amount to pay you for the time you put in?

Thanks for the reply! I get 1/2 of the amount you deposited, if you give me a posiitve rating, using the 5 star rating system on the customer side, I don't set prices, I work from home as a contractor.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician