Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I need an electrical schematic for a craftsman ctx 9500. The…

Customer Question
I need an electrical...

I need an electrical schematic for a craftsman ctx 9500. The reverse mow switch won't stay engaged. I replaced the reverse mow switch and still same problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

First

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/7/2017
Technician: Donald, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

If you are still in need of assistance, please let me know. I will check for a manual for you. I will need the model numbers from under your mower seat.

Thanks for this information. I will check for a wiring schematic for you.

I located a manual, but it does not include a wiring schematic.

If you like, I can opt out to see if one of the other experts may have one.

Okay
I have the owners manual. If I can obtain an electrical schematic it will save me a lot of testing and trial and error.
Technician: JohnF2015, Technician replied 10 months ago
JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you.

Can you provide a little more detail about when the reverse option stops working? What happens when it quits working?

You engage the reverse feature and you are mowing along and you can go backwards with the mower deck engaged and then all of a sudden the next time you try to go backwards it kills the engine or is something else happening between times. Are you turning the deck off and then back on? Are you shutting the machine off and then back on?

Very hard to get the revers mow switch to activate (red indicator light lit). I replaced the switch already. When I do manage to get the red light to stay on, sometimes I am able to mow in reverse and then proceed forward, but sometimes the engine dies while i am backing and mowing,

I have not been able to locate a wiring schematic for your machine. The machine was made by Murray who is no longer in business. They filed for bankruptcy several years ago and were eventually taken over by Briggs and Stratton however I can not locate any schematics for your machine.

I will opt out of your question which will allow for someone else to potentially add comments or suggestions that may help you with the problem.