Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 2010 gravely 152 battery will not charge. i have replaced…

Customer Question
My 2010 gravely 152...

My 2010 gravely 152 battery will not charge. i have replaced the voltage regulator, the flywheel (and guts) and have made certain all connections are solid. what am I missing please?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

5 years

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What more can I say?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/6/2017
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

The output of the regulator has to go to the positive battery connection, either at the starter solenoid, keyswitch, or direct to the battery . Do you have a voltmeter to test it? The stator under the flywheel puts out AC volts, and the regulator /rectifier changes it to DC volts. The regulator should show battery voltage with key on. The it should rise as engine starts and accelerates.

What type solenoid is this, the one that goes on the left end of the injection pump body? With a three wire harness?