Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My 13 yr old generac guardian 12 kw is not starting for its…

Customer Question
My 13 yr old...

My 13 yr old generac guardian 12 kw is not starting for its weekly test.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Just after the sched test time It showes a LED on the overspeed and if i switch it to off and back to auto the light goes to ready and it starts and runs in the test mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No all other functions seem to b ok and when it runs it sounds fine

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/6/2017
Technician: Hank F., Technician replied 10 months ago
Hank F.
Hank F., Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.

What are the model and serial number of the genset?