Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a Honda generator eu2000 I with no spark changed coil…

Customer Question
I have a Honda...

I have a Honda generator eu2000 I with no spark changed coil not the problem checked on off switch and low oil switch they check out fine??

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make and model of the generator? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Honda eu2000 I maybe 5 years serial # isEAAJ2088912

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not really it was running fine then ran out of gas put gas in and no spark

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/5/2017
Technician: JON, Small Engine Technician replied 10 months ago
JON
JON, Small Engine Technician

Hi, my name is***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible. I will return in under 5 minutes

how is the oil level of the machine. running out of fuel should not cause a NO SPARK issue

squirt a little fuel, carb cleaner, or starting fluid into the carb and see if the machine will start breifly