Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

My Chamberlain 1/3 hp, 1300 series garage door opener won't…

Customer Question
My Chamberlain 1/3 hp...

My Chamberlain 1/3 hp , 1300 series garage door opener won't work The door control switch flashes intermittently. I tried cleaning contacts and rehooking the wires, but still flashes.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Three days- have used about 10 years.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/4/2017
Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 8 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi my name is ***** *****’d be happy to help you with your difficulties today but I will need some information and I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

1-) The make CHAMBERLAIN and model 1300 SERIES or number of the devices in question and do you have the manuals for them?

2-) how old it might be and if you are the original owner

3-) there are 2 safety sensors on your door do both have either an amber, or green light that is on steady and not flickering?

4-) can you tell me if you have a working wall control and how many working remotes

5-) any flashing LED lights on the opener (ceiling unit) and how many times it blinks before pausing? The color of the learn button is?

6-) has there been any kind of disruption that may have changed the dynamics with this opener....any wiring or perhaps the kids playing there or a recent power outage

7-) what happened that made it go from working to non-working ?

8-) are you using only the equipment that came with this opener?

9-) do you have a chain......belt......or screw drive?

10-) what exactly happens when you do click the transmitter?....... the door doesn't move but you hear the motor?......it goes partial way?........reverses?

11-) do you feel that you are capable of making simple adjustments and more than mechanical in making some harder ones if necessary?

We can start here and with the info you provide I will add steps toward our target as we proceed by our correspondence

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie