Small Engine

Small Engine Troubleshooting Problems? Ask a Mechanic Now.

I have a we261 I just changed the chains on the mower and I…

Customer Question
I have a we261...

I have a we261 I just changed the chains on the mower and I put it back together after this it won't go into gear so it won't start and I also noticed that a 7 tooth nylon sprocket and e clip had fallen out so I need to know where that goes ( with pictures) and how do I fix that it won't go into gear!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Small Engine
10/4/2017
Technician: Wayne, Engine Rebuilder replied 7 months ago
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

what is the make and Year ,Please

Weed eater one we 261

Hi , Thank you for that

here is a diagram of parts click here

did you remember to put the key back in the axle for the wheels

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

I already have the parts list that's not what I asked for!!
I need to know where that sprocket goes! It's c-75 on that parts list you gave me I need to know what could be wrong since it won't go in to gear
Wayne, Engine Rebuilder